About Sutherland & Associates
Sutherland & Associates is a mission-driven organization founded in 2013 to help communities creatively address climate change. Honest, non-judgmental guidance and clear, organized support is provided for entities working to be less carbon-intensive, more sustainable, and more resilient.
Problems are solved as barriers to change are removed. Communities are enabled, understanding the adaptive cycle and how to approach and track social, environmental, and economic transformation in practical, tangible ways within it.
- Kind response. Real-time responses are provided to those who ask in order of receipt, regardless of title or affiliation. Special care is given to those often ignored by others.
- Clear organization. Processes, systems, and databases are built for user transferability. New ways of thinking are taught, and and coaching provided.
- Timely diligence. Work is approached with a set timeline and clear methods. However, it is managed with creative adaptability as circumstances change.
- Full preparation. Each task is given the time needed to allow for iterative problem solving. Deliverables are packaged for ease of use and presented on time.
- Considerate flexibility. Interactions are not rigid, but rooted in awareness, kindness, and humor. People are treated how they want to be treated.
Since its founding, hundreds of local governments, cross-sector partners, and philanthropic investors have been able to use this platform to turn good ideas into tested, scalable practices. Creative design and consistent management of major research, technical assistance, and investment initiatives are seamlessly executed.
Staff efficiently works with partners and their grantees to scope, execute, and close projects in a manner that is designed for ease of use and impact capture. They create and adapt programs to match fluid strategies. They maintain databases that inform course-setting in real time.
Project schedules do not lag, commitments are exceeded, and clients know the value of eased workloads and carefully facilitated next steps. Excellence is a daily habit.
This company does not work with entities who are actively making climate change worse, or with those who are unwilling to creatively evolve. Clients recognize that systemic changes require an appetite for measured risk. They invest in ideas and programs designed to transform how places function.
Not all experiments succeed, but clients understand that when it comes to developing scalable climate solutions, nothing tried is nothing gained. Sutherland & Associates is invested in supporting their success. Creatively adapting to shifting social, environmental, and economic realities so that everyone can thrive is the primary motivation of this organization.