Designing and Building for Climate Impact
Sutherland & Associates is a team of practiced problem solvers helping organizations understand influencers, develop programs, and evaluate their impacts on climate change issues.
- The Water-Energy Nexus. Specialize in water and energy issues, marrying good yet under-developed system-integration ideas with economically feasible and politically appealing implementation approaches.
- Research and Development. Perform research and develop ideas designed to mitigate carbon emissions, or that help humanity adapt to climate change in equitable ways.
- Fund Management. Serve as an intermediary between philanthropic investors and practitioner networks due to being highly skilled at pooled grant fund program development, management, and evolution.
- Program Evaluation. Map programs to understand their effectiveness, present assessments, recommend improvements, construct databases, and create impact evaluation frameworks and tracking systems.
- Foundations – Enabling philanthropic organizations to understand the impact of investments on sustainability and climate issues.
- Nonprofits and Governments – Enabling nonprofits and research organizations to be more effective through data gathering and assessment, metric development, goal-oriented work plan development, silo-breaking, and facilitation of partner connections.
- Practitioner Networks – Enabling practitioners to exert influence on their fields through network building and facilitation of collaborative work.