Sutherland & Associates is a mission-driven organization working to help people address climate change in their communities.
- The Water-Energy Nexus. Design and facilitate cross-sector collaborations to develop shared and integrated approaches that transform water and energy resource management at the community level.
- Partnership Development. Research and develop ways that people can access resources, partner, and work together to mitigate carbon emissions and adapt to climate change in equitable ways.
- Fund Management. Serve as an intermediary between philanthropic investors and practitioners. Highly skilled at pooled grant fund start-up design, management, and evolution over time.
- Evaluation. Map goals to quantifiable metrics to understand the effectiveness of programmatic actions. Present assessments, recommend improvements, inform tracking database design, and create impact evaluation frameworks.
- Foundations and Collaboratives – Advising philanthropic and mission-based groups on how to make targeted investments to directly address climate issues.
- Nonprofits and Governments – Enabling efficiency through data gathering and assessment, metric development, goal-oriented work plan development, silo-breaking, and facilitation of partner connections.
- Practitioners and Private Partners – Enabling cross-sector practitioners and private partners to exert influence on climate issues through collaborative work.